Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thing 3: Animal Medical Center of Tyler

Just a hop and a skip from home sits another fun (or at least great) thing about Tyler.


Ugh. Now that's a terrible nighttime picture!

There, that's better. The Animal Medical Center of Tyler is a quality, welcoming place to bring your pets for all check-ups and health concerns. The staff was professional and helpful in my first visit, even helping me sort through my records to find my pet's latest info.


Yep, those are my scattered records on the exam table. Oops! We got it sorted out, though.

While I waited for some tests to be run, I got a chance to take in the exam room's ambiance. First, there's the comfy and colorful blanket.


(I can't help but suspect it's largely to please the humans.) Of all the cute animal pictures on the walls, my favorite was Dogbacca:


They also had a full complement of industry brochures.


My favorites were these:
1.

Yup, Dog Appeasing Pheromone. Coming in liquid, spray, and "Glade Plug-in -esque" formats, this compound is supposed to help calm your dog in loud or stressful situations. The best part? A warning: "Do NOT spray directly on dog!"

...and 2.

Informative, stylish, and depressing. Perfect!

The visit ended with a helpful, detailed conversation with the veterinarian and founder of AMC, Dr. Laura Cauthen:


 She really took her time to answer my questions and make sure I understood our options for our pet. I'd recommend her and the clinic to anyone!

Lastly, it looks like our little one might have some real competition in Tyler for the title of "cutest pet evar." Check out the tiny-dog pictures, and especially the tiny-dog video a little ways down the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment